Every Great Achiever is Inspired By a Great Mentor!
-LAILAH GIFTY AKITA
Our mission is to provide community based assistance in the form of coaching, mentorship, and community service to urban youth to afford them the resources and outlets that they need to become successful adults.
all programs are mentorship BASED
Mentoring is a research based intervention that promotes positive youth development by building developmental assets and resiliency; factors needed to successfully navigate school/life. All programs offered by Zoe Safe House Incorporated extends the opportunity for schools to provide this additional benefit to your students.
How it works
- College-aged adults and above are mentors.
- Meetings will be held weekly or biweekly depending on program.
- All meetings are module based.
- Meetings will be held on Thursdays beginning on September 7, 2017 for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year.
- Mentors will engage students in a variety of activities.
- Modules will cover pro-social skills, collegiate preparation, community service, entrepreneurship and many more skills.
- All mentors, program correspondents, and students will meet two- three times a month off of school grounds for an activity that focuses on the module for that month or community service.
- Mentor-mentee matches receive ongoing match support and problem-solving by the Mentor Coordinators of each program to ensure the success of match relationships.
INITIATIVES FOR EVERYONE
KEYS is a single gendered mentorship program will provide young men with the skills and confidence to holistically extend a positive vision of self, community, and the world in addition to the resources and experiences necessary to become successful adults.
DIRECTOR: DR. CHRISTOPHER BASS
PROGRAM ASSIST. HIGH SCHOOL: BRIAN SAWYER PROGRAM ASSIST. MIDDLE SCHOOL: LAWRENCE TRAPP
MENTOR COORD.: ZACHARIAH WALKER
In Her Heels is a mentorship program designed to enrich and foster the lives of young women in high school by creating a trusting environment that promotes personal development, pro-social relationships, collegiate preparation, and empowerment, while emphasizing societal awareness.
2017-2018 Host School: Maynard Jackson High School.
DIRECTOR: EDMONIA DOE
PROGRAM ASSISTANT: MINDY FORTNER
MENTOR COORD.: SIMONE HOWARD
Inspires young men and women to be POISED, POLISHED, and PREPARED in today's society. Not only does Social Grace teach variables of etiquette, the program also teaches life skills. These life skills translate into the soft skills that will contribute to what it takes to be a successful adult.
2017-2018 Host School: Luther J. Price Middle School.
DIRECTOR: CHARLENE TURNER
MENTOR COORD.: BRANDI PIERRE
Dr. Christopher Bass KEYS Program for young men Director